Thursday, July 23, 2009

I couldn't do it

Another day has been given to me. I get to use it any way I want. It was a gift, with no strings attatched. That's pretty cool.

I went to bed last night, tossed around a bit and finally got to sleep somewhere in the neighborhood of midnight. Then, the nocternal urge called me and I had to get up, the clock said it was only 25 minutes until the alarm was to go off. Man I hate that. I was still sleepy and including the time I had to spend in the facilities, I only had 25 minutes til time to get up and start the day. I was not ready.

I've been told that God never sleeps. I couldn't do it! If for no other reason, that should cause you to stop and ponder the power of God. Years and Years and Years....no sleep....wow!

I think I was given a gift this morning on the way to work.

I was driving on the interstate, listening to the radio, looking out my fogged up back window, trying to merge into the other lane, watching the car in front, to the left and behind me, all at the same time. Pretty cool huh? NOT. I was so busy watching all those things, that I forgot to watch the speedometer! Just about the time I saw the car, about 50 yards in front of me, hit his brakes, I also saw the state trooper setting on the left hand side of the highway, then I remembered my brakes and my speedometer. I was probably going about 10 to 15 mph over the limit, but with the flow of traffic. I passed him and went on toward work more mindful of my speed. After about 2 miles, I looked in my rearview, and guess who was there? Yep, Mr. Arkansas State Police cruiser. He did not have his lights on, I was going about 2 mph under the posted limit this time. Like I said, I was paying more attention. I moved to the middle lane, he moved up next to me, then slightly ahead then, he hit his lights....for about 2 seconds...then turned them off and cruised on off down his lane. I think that was a gift. From him to me, letting me know that he knew and that he knew I knew I had been going too fast. For whatever reason, I was grateful.
I need coffee!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment