Wednesday, July 22, 2009

VBS at Somers

The Somers Avenue Church of Christ, North Little Rock, Arkansas, has been having vacation Bible School for the past 3 nights. This is a combined effort with the congregations from Levy and Sylvan Hills. What a blessing this has been. I've gone home tired each night. But what a tired it has been!

God continues to amaze me, even at my age, with how many different ways He can find to bless me and uplift me. Surely Paul's bones must have ached much more than mine do at the end of my day. But, he did not quit. Even after being beaten nearly to death, he got up, walked back into town, let himself be seen, and then, and only then, did he leave the town, walking, of his own accord.

Thank you God for the ache in my bones, for the soreness in my knees. Thank you God for the song in my heart, for the smile on my lips, put there by seeing the little kids (and the adults) that were at VBS. Thank you God for the lessons learned this week. Some from the Bible and still others from my daily walk in life.

2 comments:

  1. Amen brother! The laughter of the children and knowing they are getting something about the heart of Jesus makes it worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mike! Welcome to blog-world! Glad to have you out here! Look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete